The Canada Express Entry Program awards points to professionals based on skills, experience, Canadian employment status and provincial/territorial nomination. The higher your points, the greater your chances of receiving an invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency in Canada. Typically PR applications submitted through this route are processed in 6-12 months or fewer.
Canada Express Entry Program Detail
The Express Entry program has streamlined immigration for professionals and made the process more transparent. Key details of the program are:
- This is an online program which has no cap on applicants and is open throughout the year
- The program applies only to Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Traders Program, and Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program
- You must submit an Expression of Interest and apply as an applicant under any type of job mentioned in Skill Types 0, A and B
- Your profile will be evaluated based on points and will be placed in the applicant pool
- Canadian provinces and employers will access this pool and find talent to meet their needs
- The highest points holders are sent an Invitation to Apply for PR
- The number of ITAs issued is based on the Annual Immigration Level
Eligibility: Express Entry Program
The Canada Express Entry Program relies on a points-based system to evaluate applicants. The main objective of this system is to identify applicants who have the highest chance of succeeding after they migrate to Canada. The points scale has a maximum score of 1200 and evaluates you and your spouse (if any) on your:
- The highest level of education
- Language skills
- Canadian work experience
- Other work experience
- Skill transferability
- Other factors
Benefits: Federal Skilled Worker
- Free Healthcare.
- Subsidized Education.
- Full Work Rights.
- Permanent Resident status upon arrival in Canada with valid citizenship after 4 years.
- Canada allows you to hold multiple citizenship.